Welcome to the website of the Office of Auditor General for Local Governments, Lagos State.
In a Democracy, power belongs to the people and all Public officials hold their positions in trust. At all times, our Agency is obliged to uphold transparency and Accountability.
We are firmly committed to building a virile and pro-active Agency that is Efficient, Effective, Focused, Professional and capable of meeting the high expectation of the Government and People of Lagos State.
We shall engage in a critical review of practices and processes with the aim of introducing and inculcating modern audit techniques and procedures to rapidly increase productivity and service delivery capability.
The Office of the Auditor General for Local Government was established in 1989, in line with the Civil Service Reform of 1988. It was excised from the State Audit Department as it was then known.
LEGAL FRAME WORK
The office operates within the following legal frame work:
- The Nigerian Constitution of 1999
- Lagos State Local Government Administration Law No 7 of 1999
- Local Government Education Authority (LGEA) Act No. 3 of 1991
- Local Government Pension Law of 1979
- Lagos State and Local Government Areas Financial Management Law No. 9 of 2011
- Law prescribing the levies that may be collected by LGs and LCDAs in Lagos State – 2010
- Local Government Financial Memoranda
- Guidelines on Local Government Operations
- Update circulars issued from time to time
- Other Laws as they affect our activities